A little history…
Library ETSII history is intimately linked with industrial teaching, when it was founded as lndustrial Royal Institute in Madrid in 1850, whose services and units were found in the old Trinidad convent cloister, on Atocha street.
The First in Spain, the Central Industrial Engineering School was established inside Royal Institute; the complete degree program lasted five courses. The Industrial Royal Institute was disbanded in 1867. The School appeared again in 1901, 35 years later with the same name: Central Industrial Engineering School.
The School Rules were published in 1907. It included the expansion of the studies to six courses. Later the reform project of the Industrial and Arts Palace was approved, where the School was definitely installed.
Although there was a book collection in the beginning of the School, since 1901 it has increased, through purchases and donations. Thus the Library has an important collection of earlier works, most of them dated on XIX century, specialized in technology and science.